Detecting the phase transition in thylakoid membrane of maize inbred lines by means of delayed fluorescence
Authorized Users Only
Tyutyaev, Evgenij V.
Article (Published version)
MetadataShow full item record
In this paper the changes on growth, photosynthesis and water relations were tested by non-invasive fluorescence method. The applications of this method allow to determine some functional properties of prestigious maize inbred lines with erect top leaves. So the temperature dependency of delayed fluorescence intensity maximum of ZPPL 16 is observed at higher temperatures than for ZPPZ 62. This fact correlates with low values of phase transition of activation energy Ea in thylakoid membrane and accompanied by a decrease of the angle and area of the leaf, as well as with the content and the rate of water release from the seed. It seems reasonable to assume that, DF can be applied in breeding and maize hybrid seed production for the estimation of prestigious maize inbred lines and their resistance adaptability to increased and high temperatures, as well as, to drought.
Keywords:Photosynthetic model / Thylacoid membrane / Delayed chlorophyll fluorescence
Source:Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 2014, 81, 208-211
- Elsevier France-Editions Scientifiques Medicales Elsevier, Issy-Les-Moulineaux
- Maize Research Institute, Zemun Polje
- Ministry of Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia - 03E211
- Ministry of Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia - 03E22
- Fizička hemija dinamičkih stanja i struktura neravnotežnih sistema - od monotone do oscilatorne evolucije i haosa (RS-142025)
- Oplemenjivanje kukuruza specifičnih svojstava za industrijske potrebe (RS-20003)
- Razvoj tehnologije gajenja kukuruza sa ekološkim pristupom (RS-20007)
- Identifikacija izvora tolerantnosti prema suši u gen banci kukuruza (RS-20014)